Monday, June 29, 2009

On the Streets of San Francisco

I missed my blog posting last week because I was out of town, taking in the styles and trends of glorious San Francisco. The mood was upbeat and the residents wore their summer cheer on the outside in the form of bright neon colors in day-glo green, orange and pink. Coincidentally, the latest issue of People magazine features a spread on neon fashions, which after my trip, I would have to say is most likely inspired by the streets of San Francisco.



One of the more popular icons I saw was the Peace sign. Seeing young fashionistas with their peace symbol necklaces reminded me of the Haight-Ashbury district in the 60's. When I returned to Gloria Duchin, I took out our genuine pewter peace sign ornament, shown below, that looks exactly like some of the pendants I saw on the west coast.



We also had the great pleasure of seeing the Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. It was interesting to see the similarities between the two artists impressions of nature, through paint and photography. If you are in the Northern California area this summer, I would make it a point to stop by.

No comments: