Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Women with Wings and Wisdom

I apologize for not posting an update last week, but I was out of town in Florida. While I was there, I was invited to attend the Women with Wings and Wisdom luncheon hosted by WXEL, the South Florida Public Broadcast Network. The luncheon honored accomplished women, Florence De George, Patricia Lowry, Lois Pope and Lilly Pulitzer for 50 years of a colorful life in fashion.

The event was held at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in the Gold and White ballroom where we were presented with a fashion show of Lilly Pulitzer’s 2009 Spring and Summer line.(view the photos below)



One of the highlights of the luncheon was a presentation by world-renowned author and talk-show host, Suze Orman. I am a great fan of hers, so I was excited to hear her speak in person.

Suze donated her time to WXEL, presenting her “2009 Action Plan: Keeping Your Money Safe and Sound”. She spoke frankly to the audience about the current state of the economy, and left everyone with a copy of her new book. I continue to be impressed with her expertise and benevolent spirit.

Suze spent the entire afternoon at the luncheon, opening the floor to questions and mingling with the attendees. She was most generous with her time, and I enjoyed taking a photo with her below.

Photos taken by Deborah Garber

No comments: